COVID-19 Travel Information
In Massachusetts, if you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic. Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business (The Barrington guests are require to wear mask at all time in common areas) and workplace guidance. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, visit vaxfinder.mass.gov.
For recommendations related to travel, please consult the CDC pages below:
All travelers are encouraged to consult and follow the CDC’s guidelines and requirements for travel.
More details about the above travel information can be found here.
Below is a list of precautionary measures we have adopted during this time:
- We respectfully request that those with COVID-19 symptoms (including but not limited to fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle pain, headache, loss of smell and/or taste, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, and vomiting) stay at home for the safety of our neighbor, staff and guests. Please refer to the CDC’s guidelines for other common symptoms of and information about COVID-19.
- Prior to your arrival, your room will be deep-cleaned and each surface will be sanitized. During your stay, our staff will enter your room for housekeeping. For guest who request not to have housekeeping, we will still provide fresh towels and additional toiletries upon request.
- After each check-out, we follow a diligent cleaning protocol to allow for deep cleaning, disinfectant and cleaners to dry, and reasonable air exchange.
- In our effort to limit contact, check-in and check-out instructions will be in person during office hours, or communicated through phone or text messages after office hours.
- Each guest’s temperature will be taken and recorded at check-in.
- All guests are required to wear masks in common areas such as the hallway, elevator, stairwells, and to abide by social distancing measures.
- We require our staff to wear face coverings, gloves, change their shoes, and wear cleaned uniform, spray their outfit with disinfectant spray and to abide by social distancing measures.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located by the elevator, hallway and staircases.
- We have implemented a change to our In-Suite breakfast. This includes a main dish with a pot of coffee or tea that will be delivered directly to each guest suite and left by the door.
- There are a number of great options in the area available for delivery or takeout. Please reach out to us via email (email@example.com) or by calling us at 413-528-6159 if you are looking for suggestions.
- Non-essential, high-touch items such as extra pillows, blankets, decorative pillows, bed scarves, magazines and brochures will be removed from guest rooms.
- All lobby brochures, magazines, and papers will be available with gloves provided to ensure safety on high-touch points of contact.
- Only ride in the elevator with members of your own party.
- All guest suites are provided with masks in case you don’t have one.
- For all of our safety, only registered guests will be allowed in the B&B.
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your flexibility and solidarity during this time!