The Barrington is a United States based business which complies with applicable laws to protect your personal information. As a data controller, upon consent, we will collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with superior service, analyze your travel and accommodation preferences, and inform you of specials, packages and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Individuals located in the European Union have a right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by our business. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
The Barrington has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which guard against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. Customers and visitors will be promptly notified in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of our customers, shall to the best of our knowledge, be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with country-specific data protection regulations.
- We only collect personal data to be able to deliver accommodations in a safe and legal way for both us and the guest and in line with required regulations.
- As we only use personal data for the purposes mentioned in the point above we assume guest give consent by a clear affirmative action (entering their own personal data by themselves and confirming the reservation by pressing a button in the system).
- We collect the following personal data: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card data.
- We never collect personal data for accompanying children under 16.
- We never use personal data for profiling purposes.
- We never sell or use personal data that we have received to a third party.
- If you contact us or our agents, we may keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you; and information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and security reasons and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Subscriptions to receive email updates will be held indefinitely.
- You may request deletion of your data from our marketing databases by opting out of consent.
- If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our website or held by our marketing team, you may submit your request on our website or by email to email@example.com.
- Any incident related to a data breach or theft of data is immediately reported to the Privacy Commission.
Customer Access to Data Requests
In accordance with applicable laws, you may have rights in relation to your personal information. Such rights include:
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing (see below “Opting Out”).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in applicable data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an applicable data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
Visiting Our Website
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process personal data collected or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
Visitors to our website may opt-out of cookies storage at any time and prevent the setting of cookies by means of a setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
We operate an email mailing list program used to inform consented subscribers about news, specials, and events. Users subscribe through an online automated process where they give their explicit permission. The subscriber’s personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links, or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to the customer’s engagement, geographic, and demographics. Through our emails you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
If you do not wish to remain on our database and to receive our personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications, please note that you may opt out of our database by using the “Unsubscribe” option at the foot of our email communications, or by sending an email to our Data Protection Manager at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscriptions to Newsletters
Our customers are informed regularly by means of a newsletter about offers, specials and events. The customer may only receive our newsletter by (1) having a valid e-mail address and (2) the customer consents to the subscription.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter is only used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the customer at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the customer has given, may be cancelled at any time. To unsubscribe to our newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by email or in writing.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Visitors to our website should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular, we may receive information about you from travel agents, tour operators and destination management companies whom you have direct contact.
The information we collect from such third parties include your contact information and information related to your travel profile.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE?
We may use the personal information you supply to us via our site for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make bookings or place an order with us. This includes, for example:
- Processing and facilitating bookings, including verifying your identity, taking payments and communicating with you; including verifying your identity, taking payments and communicating with you.
- Processing and delivering an order of our products as required by The Barrington to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- responding to requests which you have submitted via our site and to deal with on-going matters relating to such requests;
- presenting content from our site in the way that we consider most effective;
- providing you with highly-individualized service at our B&B and presenting you with information relating to The Barrington;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see data sharing below);
- monitoring customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- using information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- using data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with travel-related or product-related information, information relating to The Barrington or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, as well as personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications;
- placing cookies and using similar technologies in accordance with the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section and the information provided to you when those technologies are used;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at the time.
- for purposes which are required by law, such as:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or use of your personal information please contact us using the information below.
281 Main Street Level 3
Great Barrington, MA 01230
(413) 528-6159 | (413) 404-4511
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and we will notify you of any material changes using the email address you have provided upon registration or by an announcement on the site. The changes will apply to the use of the site after such notice. Where permitted by law, if you use the site after the date on which the changes come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted the new Privacy Notice.